[SPARCbook] > 2GB hard drive (warning: toshiba 6.4GB does not work)

William M. Perry wmperry at aventail.com
Sun Sep 12 16:35:14 CDT 1999

wmperry at aventail.com (William M. Perry) writes:

> Well, finally got the !@%@! IDE->SCSI convert moved over to the new hard
> drive, and the IDE pinouts are placed too high up, so the jumpers from the
> circuit board to the IDE connectors do not match up.
>
> Just an FYI to those out there looking at upgrading their drives. :(

Ignore this message - I had not removed the protective plastic blate on the
bottom of the toshiba hard drive.  Mounting it directly against the circuit
board on the bottom of the hard drive (just like the IBM drive was) allows
it to match pins just fine.  Am 'newfs'ing right now.  Ahhh, space.

Thanks to all on the list who helped with this, I appreciate it.  I've
reserved 2GB for linux on here, as soon as I can get the sparc distro
downloaded and upgrade it to the 2.3.xx kernel.

-Bill P.