[SPARCbook] Callunacard mystery.

Magnus Sjoegren dat98msj at student3.lu.se
Wed Sep 8 17:52:32 CDT 1999

Hello,

I have a problem with the Callunacard that came with my sparcbook
operating under Solaris 2.6 August 1997.

Patches applied: Tadpole patches and packages + 2.6 Recommended + y2000.

I can write to it and remove files just fine but whenever i try to copy
files from the card the laptop just hangs. A small amount of kb is
copied (90-260kb) but after that I have to remove the card to let me
continue working.

Small files ( < 200k) are copied fine.

format, newfs and fsck is working fine and reports no error.

I have tried all available slices /dev/dsk/c1d0s0 - /dev/dsk/c1d0s7

Any ideas? I am suspecting faulty hardware. Everything looks fine inside
the PCMCIA holder. My PCMCIA modem is working fine in both sockets.

Cheers,
Magnus

--
Magnus Sjgren <dat98msj at student3.lu.se>