[SPARCbook] Sparcbook Power supply question

Michael Lorenz ml at rz.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Nov 20 08:21:01 CST 1999

--------------8B23CBD15A4F51D6EC645FBC

Greetings !

The AC adaptor I got with my sparcbook works with 220V, I just had to
replace the plug.
"part no. ZVC-55-12-G, Tadpole Technologies, Series 2 AC Adapter, input
110-240V, 50-60Hz"

>  I just wondered if the power supply of the sparcbook has any
> provision for switching between US standardvoltage (127V is it ? or ?)
> to the European standard of 230 V. Some of the more well thought out
> electronicsequipment sometimes has this feature and since the
> Sparcbook seem to one such system i thought maybe it would.Otherwise i
> guess the supply could easily be exchanged for something else that
> gives the same voltage and current ratings, except that its also a
> charger to the battery so the charging may not work or there might be
> some longtime damage to the battery possibly. Are any of you people on
> the list located in Europe, and how dis you solve this ???

--------------8B23CBD15A4F51D6EC645FBC

<HTML>
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
Greetings !

<P>The AC adaptor I got with my sparcbook works with 220V, I just had to
replace the plug.
<BR>"part no. ZVC-55-12-G, Tadpole Technologies, Series 2 AC Adapter, input
110-240V, 50-60Hz"
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE> <FONT SIZE=-1>I just wondered if the power
supply of the sparcbook has any provision for switching between US standard</FONT><FONT SIZE=-1>voltage
(127V is it ? or ?) to the European standard of 230 V. Some of the more
well thought out electronics</FONT><FONT SIZE=-1>equipment sometimes has
this feature and since the Sparcbook seem to one such system i thought
maybe it would.</FONT><FONT SIZE=-1>Otherwise i guess the supply could
easily be exchanged for something else that gives the same voltage and
current ratings, except that its also a charger to the battery so the charging
may not work or there might be some longtime damage to the battery possibly.</FONT> <FONT SIZE=-1>Are
any of you people on the list located in Europe, and how dis you solve
this ???</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=-1></FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=-1></FONT> </BLOCKQUOTE>

</BODY>