[SPARCbook] sys-unconfig

Lion Templin ltemplin at monolith.leonine.com
Thu Nov 11 12:03:28 CST 1999

On Thu, 11 Nov 1999, Pete Schmidt wrote:

> your network and configure aspppd to dial your modem.  Set
> /etc/gateways to prevent routing between the two interfaces.
> Solaris is designed to work with machines that have multiple

I, honestly, just 'ifconfig' and 'route' when it comes time to move between
networks.

> All of this is documented in the man pages.  Start with
> aspppd.  I have only used aspppd, on Solaris 2.51, hopefully
> on 2.6 it is better.

I also use the common "pppd" package that you'll find on most Linux
installs.  (Yes, it compiles on Solaris, and more!)
http://www.freshmeat.net/appindex/1998/04/24/893447159.html

Lion

= lion is Lion J Templin (KB9ENE)                         lion at leonine.com =
=  ||        //             ||>            UNIX Systems Consulting for the =
=  ||=EONINE \\OMPUTATIONAL ||\ESOURCES       Northland FROM the Northland =
=  UNIX Systems Consultants                         http://www.leonine.com =