[SPARCbook] pgkadd doesn't work on TAD* packages

James Meacham jmeacham at hume.jhuccp.org
Sat Nov 6 09:02:35 CST 1999

I'm probably showing my ignorance of things sun (I'm a BSD/Linux hand),
but I can't get the pkgadd utility to work on the TAD* packages downloaded
from Tadpole-RDI for my new Solaris 2.6 installation.  The fact that these
packages aren't in standard tar.g?[zZ] format makes this a mystery for me.
For example:

pkgadd -d /opt/TADaudio

	yeilds:

pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in </opt/TADaudio>

Any suggestions from a Sun adept to help out with this.  Thank!  Peace,

James