[SPARCbook] Booting from a PCMCIA IDE disk

Stuart Duncan sety at wn.com.au
Tue Aug 31 19:48:25 CDT 1999

Well, you're doing okay.  I'd be willing to swap my car for a 428MB 2.5"
SCSI.  Expect to pay thousands for one of them over here.  (If you even
manage to find one ;))

I thaught SB3's where IDE anyway? =/
Many older Apple Powerbooks where built with these converters, but
they're rare, too.  Tadpole have 2.5" SCSI drives, but they want $200USD
for 520Mb!
That'd probably be economical over there, but by the time I shipped one
of them back, it'd have set me back neerly a grand.

Do you know if Solaris has a ParIDE driver?  I've seen IDE devices
hanging off paralelle ports before, and paralelle devices hanging off
SCSI ports, too..  So there's promis there, of a cheap way to connect
IDE drives to SCSI.  =/

Cya,
Stuart