[SPARCbook] 16/32 bit GS?

arno uhlmelmahei arno at panix.com
Fri Aug 27 06:40:01 CDT 1999

Lion Templin wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Scott D. Yelich wrote:
>
> > ps: I just mounted the ATA disk, did a cd /mnt/tmp and cat'd a file...
> > and the system hung hard.  I can ls -laR /mnt and it's ok... I just
> > can't seem to read from it. :-/
>
> If you own the 260M "Calluna" ATA disc, this is the behavior mine exhibits
> (I can write to the drive just fine, but it hangs the system until you eject
> the card) .. as well have others mentioned similar problems.

   I have a 170 calluna as well as a 260. Neither
  of these cards exhibit any problems. I can cat,
  copy, play mp3's off them, whatever. Perhaps
  there are some patches you havent installed? It
  seeems that the 'bundled patchset' is far from
  complete. To be honest, I blindly applied every
  patch, ignoring any complaints, with no ill effects.

	regards,
	arno