[SPARCbook] RAM tips for the FAQ?

Michael Lorenz ml at wisent.de
Wed Aug 25 01:54:36 CDT 1999

Greetings !

> Can people who made RAM upgrades send a bit of info my way? So I can
> summarize it in the FAQ?
I did the 64MB upgrade.
The modules were standard noname 32MB 60ns fastpage PS/2 SIMMs with
parity ( 36 bit SIMMs ). The modules are a bit oversized ( 9 chips on
each side, too high ) so my battery - nearly dead anyway - doesn't fit
anymore. What the hell, when I need a mobile sparcbook I can buy the
external battery pack from tadpole.

> Please include full details of supplier and SIMM info.
I bought them via my employer from macrotron.de for ca. 110DM each.
If you need further information please send me a mail.

bye
Michael