Linux (was Re: [SPARCbook] Sparcbook 3 mouse)

Hugo van der Kooij Hugo.van.der.Kooij at caiw.nl
Tue Aug 24 01:01:53 CDT 1999

On Mon, 23 Aug 1999, Eric Busto wrote:

> How is X-windows support for the Sparcbook coming?  I heard rumors that
> console mode works, is that confirmable?  Thanks.

Red Hat Linux 5.2 (kernel 2.0.35) needs a fix before the console works so
you must install it by terminal first.

Red Hat Linux 6.0 (kernel 2.2.5) works straight out of the box on the
console.

No Xserver yet available.

Hugo.

hvdkooij at caiw.nl	http://home.kabelfoon.nl/~hvdkooij/
Use of any of my email addresses for unsollicited (commercial)
    email is a clear intrusion of my privacy and illegal!