[SPARCbook] 1.2 JDK fails with Illegal Instruction

Stephen Martin smartin at mks.com
Mon Aug 16 11:05:23 CDT 1999

I've just upgraded my machine to Solaris 2.6, installed all the
Sun recommended patches and have installed the latest 1.2 JDK.

It does not work, all the commands I try to run i.e. java, javac, ...
all blow up with an "Illegal Instruction" error. I've looked on deja
news and seen a couple of other people (not sparcbook users) that have
had this problem but no resolution.

Can anyone help?

Steve
--
                                     __
Stephen Martin         _   _   |    /_ \ MORTICE KERN SYSTEMS INC.