SV: [SPARCbook] RDI Powerlite parts?

Peter Soderholm sparcbook at sunhelp.org
Mon May 5 02:20:54 CDT 1997

Actually I was wondering about these. There were 2 of them on Ebay last =
week. One was incomplete, but the other one
appeared complete and working. I have noticed the Powerlites dont seem =
as popular as the Sparcbook and I wondered why
it was so. The price for the complete unit was $300 or so. I was quite =
tempted to buy it while it was still around $100. The incomplete went =
for under a 100 I think.

I have only seen pictures of these laptops but I got the impression the =
are quite huge, or is this only how they look in the pictures. Otherwise =
the specs are similar to the Sparcbook or am I worng? It seemed the =
external monitor was 13W3 and not VGA which is more practical when you =
move around and most monitors are for pcs.

The 170 MHz 12" model seemed like a nice thing. The 10" screen of the =
Sparcbook is one of the drawbacks of that system,
which makes one look around for that VGA monitor to hook it up to quite =
often.=20

Tom, are these laptops any good or should I stay away from them?=20
(or are ther another list for the Powerlites that I haven't heard of?)

Peter
----- Original Message -----=20