[rescue] Enterprise systems - free to a good home (UK)

Mike Spooner mikes at aalin.co.uk
Mon May 6 15:27:58 CDT 2019

On 5/1/19 6:13 PM, Phil Stracchino wrote: > On 5/1/19 4:52 PM,
alan at alanlee.org wrote: >> I personally would love to find a E5000 through
E6500 somewhere in the >> US that needs a home. > > The only real problem with
them is they draw so much power... (Well, that and of course the parts for
them aren't getting any easier to find.) -- Phil Stracchino Babylon
Communications phils at caerllewys.net phil at co.ordinate.org Landline:
+1.603.293.8485 Mobile: +1.603.998.6958

Available to a good home, in whole or parts (located in storage at my ex's in
British Isles but I am willing to ship individual parts @cost or maybe less):
fully-running freestanding E6000 inner chassis with: 9 CPU/Mem boards, 18 x
250MHz CPUs, 4.5GB RAM, 2 3-slot SBus I/O boards each also with 25MB/s FC
mezzanine modules fitted, 2/3/4:1 clock board, 7 power/cooling modules, 2
slot-load/airflow-filler boards, 1 disk board with 2 x 2GB low-profile SCA
HDDs, 1 peripheral power-supply module, keyswitch module, internal SCSI
adaptor tray, Sun 4X CDROM drive, 2 Quad-Fast-Ethernet SBus cards, and all
internal cables for the above. Will throw in an SBus TGX graphics card, 68-pin
SE SCSI terminator and 68-pin external SCSI cable for the disk board. The
CPU/Mem boards and SBus I/O boards are for max 84MHz backplane. I will
retrieve the silkscreened/labelled Sun part numbers on request. The 4.5GB of
RAM is fitted as 512MB on each CPU/Mem board, so maybe 144 x 32MB DSIMMs in
total, or perhaps 72 x 64MB, but would need to pull the boards to
double-check, as my memory isn't quite what it used to be.

Regards,

Mike