[rescue] sun2 monitor repair

Walter Belgers walter+rescue at belgers.com
Sat May 4 07:19:32 CDT 2019

Hi,

Thanks for the tips.

I donbt believe it is a TTL/ECL thing. In fact, the monitor I tried that
*did* give me something, is of the wrong kind.

> On 1 May 2019, at 23:27, John Hudak <jjhudak at gmail.com> wrote:
> Easiest thing to check is the CRT - does  the cathode in the neck glow? or
> more directly, does the front of the CRT light?

No glowing on both sides. Guess that is the first thing to look. If the
flyback transformer does not produce the required voltage, it would still
glow, right?

> This may be of help
> http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/monfaq.htm
<http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/monfaq.htm>

Ah nice, I will have a look. My first attempt finding anything like this only
led me to commercial parties doing monitor repairs.

Walter.