[rescue] LCD hi res 17" monitor wanted

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Mar 11 15:51:58 CDT 2019

" From: Romain Dolbeau <romain at dolbeau.org>
"
" Le lun. 11 mars 2019 C  13:47, Sandwich Maker <adh at an.bradford.ma.us> a C)crit:
" > curiosity - what adapter [or combination] did you use to go from 13w3
" > to dvi?
"
" None, I used a straight 13w3 to VGA cable, and a couple of monitors
" with VGA inputs - much easier than dealing with DVI (unless by paying
" big bucks to digitize the analog signal...)

my bad.  on looking closer i see that 20" dell has hd15 as well as
dvi.

" The real trick is replicating most Forth functions in the TGX+
" firmware to be able to reprogram the clock of the RAMDAC to
" non-supported values (the chip itself is quite versatile, the function
" used to program it isn't), and then figure out which combinations of
" the various parameters will allow the monitor to sync (porch, sync
" pulse, etc.). Modern monitor are _not_ tolerant :-(

that i would be interested in.  i have another old machine with a pair
of tgx+ and i would love to have a really-big desktop on it.  do you
have details on what you did and how you did it?