[rescue] rescue Digest, Vol 195, Issue 15

sawbona at gmx.net sawbona at gmx.net
Wed Mar 6 13:47:20 CST 2019

Hello:

> We've used Ultra 24s as Windows systems...
I have the following behaviour in my Ultra24 running Linux but have not tested it on Windows.

---

On shutdown, the rig will do one of two things:

1. shut down properly
2. freeze during the shutdown at this point ...

[code]
e1000e: EEE Tx LPI Timer
Preparing to enter sleep state S5
Reboot: Power Down
[/code]

... with the fans blowing at full speed.

---

Fortunately this happens every so often but it is totally unpredictable and I have not been able
to reliably reproduce it.

Have you ever seen this happen in your Ultra 24 on Windows?

Could you tell me what version BIOS you have installed in your machine?

Thanks in advance.

S.