[rescue] The State of SunHELP (new server build, etc)

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Jun 10 12:55:01 CDT 2019

On Mon, Jun 10, 2019 at 03:22:13AM -0600, Bob Darlington wrote:
>Raidz3 all the way.   There are other under the hood tweaks we use and I'll
>get you the list when I am in the office and remember.

Great, thanks.  I've got a metric ton of 2TB Hitachi drives on the way, so
I'll have plenty of space (compared to the current setup) no matter what
layout I use.  I've got six drive bays, so suggestions for an optimal setup
with that in mind is appreciated.

OS will be on a pair of Intel 545s 256G SSDs (in a dual-drive 5.25" to 2.5"
hot-swap bay).  Can't decide if I want to do Debian ZFS-root (the setup
procedure seems kinda hacky) or just linux software mdraid RAID-1 for the
OS drives.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford