[rescue] 360 from Nuremberg

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Wed Jun 5 04:42:17 CDT 2019

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 6:05 PM Arno Kletzander <Arno_1983 at gmx.de> wrote:

> Tue, 4 Jun 2019 08:48:11 -0400, Phil Stracchino <phils at caerllewys.net>
> wrote:
> >
> https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/06/03/das_geeks_hit_crowdfunding_target/
> >
> > Fellows after our own hearts rescued a pair of IBM 360s.
> >
> > --
> >   Phil Stracchino
>
> Just...wow. Awesome effort that has the potential to move right up to
> "LJW's
> IBM 360 Saga"...and possibly beyond, as there are several machines,
> including
> a 370, and more supporters this time.

I was the underbidder on this auction :-(

But, I might yet be able to approach, though not equal, LJWs level of
awesome with the rescue I pulled off last year (and the saga is still in
progress!)

Pics in this thread say it all:

https://twitter.com/eruptionchaser/status/1127445061568884737

Mike

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'