[rescue] 360 from Nuremberg

Arno Kletzander Arno_1983 at gmx.de
Wed Jun 5 01:05:20 CDT 2019

Tue, 4 Jun 2019 08:48:11 -0400, Phil Stracchino <phils at caerllewys.net> wrote:
> https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/06/03/das_geeks_hit_crowdfunding_target/
>
> Fellows after our own hearts rescued a pair of IBM 360s.
>
> --
>   Phil Stracchino

Just...wow. Awesome effort that has the potential to move right up to "LJW's
IBM 360 Saga"...and possibly beyond, as there are several machines, including
a 370, and more supporters this time.

I'm just a tiny bit disappointed that all of this took place about 5mi from my
dwelling and the posts on berklix and here were the first things I ever heard
about the whole affair. I'd have been more than willing to lend a hand or
pitch in with some money had I only known, having been fascinated with LJW's
story ever since I read it, and having brought a descendent of that line (IBM
4331) in need of rescue to the attention of Hans Franke, subsequently also
helping with the dismantling and reassembly, in my larval stages.

Thumbs up and best of luck to the rescuers, I'm adding their blog to my watch
list.

So long,

Arno Kletzander // DO4NAK