[rescue] Cox residential?

Scott Newell newell+rescue at n5tnl.com
Mon Jul 22 10:38:00 CDT 2019

At 09:41 AM 7/10/2019, Scott Newell wrote:
>Hey, anyone using Cox residential cable internet service? Think of
>switching and I'm wondering if I'll be able to access my toys
>remotely (ssh, https, ntp, etc.).
>
>I don't see tcp/22, tcp/443, or udp/123 listed, but I'd love to hear
>hard data from people who actually know what they're doing...IOW, this list!

Update: switchover complete. tcp/443 and udp/123 are open. (I think
tcp/80 was also open for a bit, but not now.) No static IP, but the
dynamic IP hasn't changed in 2 or 3 days.

Not having http available breaks the usual let's encrypt certbot ssl
update scripts, so I'll have to work on that. Maybe I can automate
the DNS method.

Thanks for all the help!

--
newell  N5TNL