[rescue] wifi to ethernet adapter on SPARC 10

john jferg977 at aol.com
Sat Jul 20 12:17:58 CDT 2019

Well I guess the joke's on me.

It turns out that the new apartment is wired for ethernet.B  I hadn't
anticipated this and as my previous notes suggest I was twisted in knots
about how to connect the SPARC in a room remote to where the cable modem
with its wonderful router which has 4 ports had to be located without
exposing the system to alien access.

Now it's simple. I run the signal from one of the router ports up the
feed to the panel, add a patch to the feed that goes to the room with
the Sun, the HP, and the Raspberry music box all of which connect by
ethernet.B  I'll need a little 4 port router there, but they are cheap.

Now if I could just come up with a way to reduce the number of AC
connections.