[rescue] Sun 3U Expansion Memory Questions

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Jul 18 11:31:01 CDT 2019

On 7/18/19 11:20 AM, systems_glitch wrote:
> I recently picked up a Sun SPARCserver 330 which includes a 3U memory board
> in the little sub-cage (the portion smaller than regular Sun VME).
> Diagnostics report a parity error on it, and give a SIMM location...but my
> 3U memory board doesn't use SIMMs! It's a bunch of DRAM chips soldered to a
> board. Anyone have a SIMM # to chip # mapping for this?

  Weird.  I've seen and run quite a few of those boards, and I've never
seen one with DIPs.  I just looked in the FEH and there's no mention of
one with DIPs in there either.  Does it have a full part number on it,
i.e. was it maybe a preproduction board?  Is it possibly a 3rd-party board?

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA