[rescue] Fwd: Wifi-Ethernet adapter on SPARC 10

Clem cole clemc at ccc.com
Wed Jul 17 18:58:01 CDT 2019

No. I had a couple of them too that was called RoamAbout.

But DEC did the first real WiFi cards once it became a standard working with
ATT.  They cost a lot more than the Compaq cards but the radio was the big
difference

After the Compaq-tion there was a small underground swapping for them. The
compaq cards became what they shipped because they were cheaper.  Those of us
in the know had a cache of about 100 of the cards and would trade things for
them.  They worked so much better.

Iirc they used a bit more power and drained the battery which was the one
downside.  But they could connect to darned near an AP which at the time was
important because most of the early APs basically sucked

Sent from my PDP-7 Running UNIX V0 expect things to be almost but not quite.