[rescue] longtime lurker and a nice score.

Thomas Pelki thomas.pelki.1969 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 25 00:38:20 CDT 2019

Thank you to every one of you that replied.

While I tend to be inclined to run older firmware/BIOS/OBP, the OCD always
comes out in me and i know there's always a reason to have the latest so i
always TRY to get the latest to have the least amount of bugs possible.

Most will never be connected directly to the internet. the T2000/SC2000e
will have to run OpenBSD since FreeBSD isn't supported on these, E4500/V880
will run FreeBSD

I've had a few of you reach out to me with the latest T2000 firmware and
THANK you, I installed Solaris and updated it.
anyone have a clue whats the largest size SAS hard drive in it? the largest
size i see in the Sun System handbook is 146Gb. I have access to some 600Gb
from work but I'm pretty tapped out after I dropped $500 for all the
equipment and $2k for a 26' van to haul all the sun stuff home.

The Tape library (SL24 with FC LTO4 drive)  and the V880 are my next
targets of the firmware as well as the Ultra 24 and Ultra 40 (still trying
to figure out if its a M2 or not)

I do know my SC2000e boards all have ANCIENT version of the BOOT Proms but
if I can track down the BOOT prom chips i can erase my existing ones and
reprogram with my EPROM programmer.

I know years ago sunshack had a collection of OBP rom files saved but they
have since vanished from the internet.

I can host a PRIVATE repo of boot proms with one use logins for members
here. I know at one time Bill had a repo of Solaris ISO releases, does that
still exist somewhere? and I saw somewhere Bill also had Sun 386i images of
SunOS 4.0.1 and 4.0.2

-Thomas