[rescue] longtime lurker and a nice score.

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Sat Aug 24 14:32:31 CDT 2019

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 2:05 PM Phil Stracchino <phils at caerllewys.net> wrote:

> Oracle does not seem to understand this.

Oh, Oracle understands. It simply wants to squeeze what money it can
before it kills Solaris.

In the end Oracles products will only run on Windows because that's
easier and cheaper for them. And that is all that matters to Oracle.

I still want to get my Sun Blade 2500 silver maxed out but that's for
nostalgia not because I will ever admin another sun system for work.
Those days are as gone as the DG Aviions I really miss. Loading the
first release of Sys V R4.0 from QIC tape was quite the blast once
upon a lifetime ago.

--
Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.