[rescue] Mr Bill has passed

Ron Wickersham rjw at alembic.com
Fri Aug 16 15:51:34 CDT 2019

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019, Dave McGuire wrote:

> On 8/16/19 12:45 AM, Dan Duncan wrote:
> > Bill Bradford has passed.
>
>   This is absolutely awful.  My head has been spinning since I heard
> about this last night.  I thought he had been doing a bit better lately.
>
>   RIP, Mr. Bill.  You'll not be forgotten.
>
> > Bill, thank you for everything you have done and everything I have
> > learned on your lists.
>
>   Seconded.
>
>             -Dave

Was hoping for the best for Bill's recovery from the latest hospital
complication, but it was not to be.

The rescue (and other lists) have been a continuation of the foundations
of Internet technical community that held to the traditions of open
knowledge sharing along with gear acquition and dispersal and Bill kept
everything herded always in a positive direction, even in the face of
personal difficulties.   What a wonderful person Bill was and an
inspiration to us all.

-ron