[rescue] SCSI CDROM drives

PAK pakenned-list at pobox.com
Wed Aug 14 21:41:15 CDT 2019

Hey everyone,

I have two SCSI CDROM drives that need new homes:

    TEAC CD-516S (July 1997)
    Plextor PX-12TSi (April 1997)

When they were last used, they worked, but this was probably in 2005.  I
believe that I have used them both to successfully install SunOS (4.1.4,
IIRC) and they both remain jumpered to SCSI ID 6, so that is promising.
The Plextor was quite a find for me when I got it.

The prices that I see on eBay for these drives are obscene; but I'm
wondering whether there some interest on the list to toss some beer
money my way plus shipping to take a chance on one or both of these.
I'm in the US in zip code 60660 (Chicago, IL).

Any interest?

Cheers,
PAK