[rescue] getting started with emacs

Nemo cym224 at gmail.com
Mon May 28 19:46:45 CDT 2018

On 28/05/2018, Steve Sandau <ssandau at gwi.net> wrote (in part):
> But now I have a little more time to look at new things, and I am
> interested again in emacs. Is there a better way to get started that
> just to install it an read the man page? Just now I installed it on a
> Slackware 14 server to try it out.
>
> Suggestions?

This one seems to highly rated: http://www.harley.com/emacs/

I normally do not suggest anything that I have not read but this one
seems different.  (I have Stallman's book bur never read it.  I also
bought an O'Reilly book but never read it.  Life just got in the way.
With me, there is always the point reached when I decide to build a
tool to save future hassle.  Unfortunately, I have a high tolerance
for hassle.)

N.