[rescue] emacs vs. Word!, was Re: SUN PCMCIA SBus Card

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Mon May 28 13:07:20 CDT 2018

Reminds me of the local fellow that insisted the school district I worked for
could save millions of dollars a year (millions!) by simply switching to
Linux.

He waved a holy war with the district, going so far as to run for school
board, with his crusade ending tragically when a wheel snapped off a car
traveling the other way and smashed into the driver's seat, killing him
instantly.

He 'proved' his concept in his 'lab' which was a 10 year-old Compaq computer
running a P4 CPU that his child used to write reports for middle school. He
insisted he was right because he had a Chemical Engineering degree from a
prestigious university, he demanded to know my CV when I engaged him. It drove
him crazy that I insisted it made no difference what university I attended.

Lionel