[rescue] SUN PCMCIA SBus Card

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sat May 26 20:59:21 CDT 2018

On 05/26/2018 08:05 PM, Carl R. Friend wrote:
> B B  I want to find the guy who invented EMACS and break his little
> fingers.
>
> B B  I know its heritage is somehow linked to TECO, but I fondly
> recall TECO and still on occasion have to use it, or one of its
> (bastard) siblings.B  In point of fact, if I'm working on a VAX
> I prefer TECO to EVE.
>
> B B  I find the notion of a USENET news-reader being built into a
> text editor as inane as a flight-simulator being built into a
> spreadsheet application.

  It helps to realize that it's not strictly a "text editor", but a
programmable environment for manipulating text.  If YOU are manipulating
text, it's being a text editor.  But you can write software to
manipulate text (which is all email and Usenet is) using the
text-manipulation primitives.

  Thought of that way, it seems a bit more reasoanble.  Or should seem,
unless you've administratively decided that you just plain hate emacs
and that's just all there is to it.

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ