[rescue] istatserverlinux part - Re: problems compiling istatd and/or Bjango istatserverlinux on Solaris 11.3

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon May 21 15:42:47 CDT 2018

On Mon, 21 May 2018, Jerry Kemp wrote:

> Thanks for the comment.  and yes, I'm playing with this stuff in a
> quick-n-dirty VM at $HOME.
>
> There may be some older version of the Bjango specific code, that
> doesn't specifically require these OpenSSL parts, but if they exist and
> are available on the public Internet, I have not found them.

It looks more to do with how the iPhone application handshakes with the
server.  You won't get much choice without rebuilding the iPhone
application.

There are workarounds to dealing with a lack of the newer APIs
(EC_KEY_new_by_curve_name is a convenience routine that can be synthesized
from older APIs), but the lack of ECDH support entirely is a deal-breaker.

You will have to fetch either a newer OpenSSL (the istatserver code looks
like it supports the new 1.1.x API) or the same version, which you can
compile with ECDH enabled.

--
Jonathan Patschke
Austin, TX