[rescue] istatserverlinux part - Re: problems compiling istatd and/or Bjango istatserverlinux on Solaris 11.3

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Mon May 21 15:23:25 CDT 2018

On Mon, 21 May 2018, Jerry Kemp wrote:

> OK, here is the default output from Solaris 11.3.  Seems it ships with
> 1.0.1.p

1.0.1p9 is correct.

> Not sure how to determine if elliptic curve cryptography has been
> disabled.  Will need to read up on that on.

I've checked the header files in my Solaris 11.3 VM.  The calls aren't
there.  They were removed by Oracle as a result of how the OpenSSL package
was configured:

         jp at ai-vm:/usr/include/openssl$ grep ECDH opensslconf.h
         #ifndef OPENSSL_NO_ECDH
         # define OPENSSL_NO_ECDH
         # if defined(OPENSSL_NO_ECDH) && !defined(NO_ECDH)
         #  define NO_ECDH

> It seems that if I understand your comments correctly, a compile of a
> current OpenSSL, then pointing my compile towards that installation,
> should fix my compile issue of the Bjango istatserverlinux, or,
> minimally, get me to the next issue.

Be careful in doing that, if this is a machine you care about and
frequently build software for.  Multiple installed versions of OpenSSL can
cause all sorts of subtle pain.

Make sure you install your side-compile in somewhere that ld.so and the
compiler will never look unless specifically asked.

--
Jonathan Patschke
Austin, TX