[rescue] Sad news about Forrest Black

Peter Wargo peterwargo at gmail.com
Tue May 8 19:54:17 CDT 2018

All,

Many of you on this list know Forrest.  Sadly, he passed away last Tuesday.
By all appearances, he went to bed and died of a heart attack without waking
up.

Forrest was a good guy, always there for his friends, and a font of knowledge.
We knew each other for over 20 years, and he was one of the most honest and
trustworthy people Ibve ever met.  Not only was he a fan of old hardware and
computing in general, he was also an accomplished cook - both on the grill and
on the stove - who delighted in making tasty treats and sharing them with
friends.

Sadly, Forrest had no b
biologicalb
 family.  But, he had all of us.  He was
Uncle Forrestb
 to the children of his close friends, and for a guy who
never had kids of his own, he did an admirable job of entertaining them and
earning their love.  Come to think of it, he did so for the adults in his life
as well. :-)

While he was only 56, and went too quickly for our taste, I will say this:
Forrest lived his life on his own terms, no regrets.  He was the person he
wanted to be, he treated others as he wanted to be treated, and while at times
he insisted that he was a b
lonerb
, he certainly had a wide circle of
adopted b
familyb
 as well as friends.

He was a brother to me, and I will miss him dearly.  He was there for Chandra
and I many times when we needed him for support, friendship, and (of course!)
basenji-sitting duties.

So, when you can, lift a glass to him.  As another close friend said, b
The
world just lost some of its brightness.b

-Pete Wargo