[rescue] Sun Netra 240 Power Requirements 48V

Doug McIntyre merlyn at geeks.org
Tue May 8 12:25:08 CDT 2018

On Tue, May 08, 2018 at 04:04:06PM +0000, PhreakShow Telephone Company wrote:
> I nabbed a couple Netra 240s at surplus for 5 bucks each.  However they
> require 48v.  Just trying to figure out what amperage I need to power them
> on.

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19102-01/n240.srvr/817-2699-13/817-2699-13.pdf

TABLE D-3 DC Operating Power Limits and Ranges
  Operating Input Voltage Range				-40 VDC to -75 VDC
  Maximum Operating Input Current			 15 A @ 40 V
  Maximum Operating Input Power 			 571 W

Telco DC rectifiers used to be pretty readily available on ebay, but
the market has dried up AFAIK.

As you'll find the reason the DC powered systems are so cheap is that it
is hard to find rectifiers that can handle what you need cheaply. :-(