[rescue] 3-1-4-3 beep error codes on Sun Ultra20 m2 system

Jerry Kemp sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us
Tue Jan 9 10:36:02 CST 2018

Hello Peter,

My understand is that Tyan provided the motherboard for both the Ultra20 and the Ultra20m2.

No argument from me regarding your performance arguments.  But that is not my real issue.

Having some issues with my storage server, and I was in need of a box I could load up with several 3 or 4 Tb drives, then sync data
over.

I have a *ton* of Sparc equipment, unfortunately, I have been unsuccessful in finding a way to get multiple 3.5" SATA drive
successfully attached to my Sparc equipment at $HOME, with my at-home budget.

OTOH, I have limited x86/64 stuff, the Ultra20m2 was one of those, but that now appears to be dead to the world, and I will probably
just need to find something else.

Jerry