[rescue] Sun 3/50 BTW (and Sun 2 keyboard)

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Mon Feb 26 16:45:52 CST 2018

Hi

The dimming is normally due to a build up of crap in the tube, for want of a
technical term.....

Back in the day we 'refreshed' 100s of these old Sun mono/greyscale monitors
and I still have the kit, not been used in a long time, but if anyone can make
use of it, cost of postage is all I would ask for it. The results can be quite
amazing in brightness and focus though no idea if it shortened the life of the
tube. You can use it on colour tubes, but then you are faced with rebalancing
the colours which is non trivial and hence we never used it for that.

Peter

Sent from my iPad