[rescue] Old Monitors

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Feb 19 17:07:36 CST 2018

On Tue, Feb 13, 2018 at 05:04:40PM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>The last Sun CRT monitor I had was a 90D10 that I gave away to a
>hobbyist who wanted to use it in a homebuilt flight simulator.  Before
>that, I had about four or five 20D10s that gave up the ghost one by one.

In 2004 and then in 2013 or so, we tossed out SO MANY 20" CRTs, both Sun and
SGI, at Halliburton because people wanted flatpanels instead.  We filled a
full semi trailer each time.  Seeing the recycling guy *throw* them around
was impressive - and the fact that I didn't see a single tube break or
shatter.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford