[rescue] eSATA on SPARC - or SCSI->eSATA converters

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Wed Feb 14 08:08:38 CST 2018

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 10:48:54AM +0000, Peter Stokes wrote:
>The U45 and U25 are expensive because a certain (government?) organisation
>in US hoovered a large quantity up of the second user ones over the last 3 years.
>The knock on is that the 2500 and 1500 have also kept a decent price. Couple
>that with the U45/25 being the last of the desk side units and a recipe for
>long lasting demand.

Interesting. I've noticed that Blade 1500s/2500 are also pretty pricey
(certainly pricier than I'd expect for hardware of that age).

>The other option is the V250 but here it is the PSUs which are in demand
>as well as the motherboard being the same as the red 2500.
>
>So no real cheap options, but the 150 red is probably the best option.

Those are all fairly old, unfortunately. I see that M3000s (and M4000s, but
that's more than I need) are pretty cheap, but I'm guessing those are going
to sound horrendous :(

Cheers, MJ
--
Michael-John Turner * mj at mjturner.net * http://mjturner.net/