[rescue] eSATA on SPARC - or SCSI->eSATA converters

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Wed Feb 14 07:43:10 CST 2018

On Wed, Feb 14, 2018 at 12:44:35PM +0000, Jerry Kemp wrote:
>Thanks for the reply.  Yes, spot on, just enough for a couple of mirrored
>3.5" drives.

Ah, that's fairly straightforward. I'd get myself something LSI
SAS2008-based (Dell H200/H310, IBM M1015, Fujitsu D2607), flash it with IT
firmware and hook up the drives with an SFF-8087 to SATA cable. Of course,
that's all based on reading the Solaris HCL and Oracle don't exactly make
it clear whether it's supported on Solaris/SPARC or x86 (or am I reading it
incorrectly?).

>Not sure if you've seen what Oracle has dropped support for/added to the
>obsolete list for Solaris 11.4.  If you haven't review the list, Sparc
>wise, T4 and newer supported.  T3 systems and older obsoleted.

I read your earlier message and looked for the 11.4 supported models but
couldn't seem to find it (only 11.3).

Cheers, MJ
--
Michael-John Turner * mj at mjturner.net * http://mjturner.net/