[rescue] eSATA on SPARC - or SCSI->eSATA converters

Peter Stokes peter at ashlyn.co.uk
Fri Feb 9 10:14:39 CST 2018

Hi

The T1000 could be ordered with either 1 x 3.5 or 1/2 2.5" from memory

Peter
---------------------------
Peter Stokes
Ashlyn Computer Services
Mbl: 07977 532320

On 9 Feb 2018, at 15:19, Michael-John Turner <mj at mjturner.net> wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 08, 2018 at 08:15:12PM +0000, Jerry Kemp wrote:
>> FWIW, the host would be a Sun T1000 with a PCI-E 1.0a expansion bus,
specifically, the old one I purchased from Mr. Bill.  It is going to live in a
different enclosure with different/quieter/larger fans.

> If I'm not mistaken a T1000 has an onboard SAS contoller - SATA will Just
Work(tm). Of course the standard chassis will only take 2.5" disks but I
believe a bracket is available for a 3.5" drive.