[rescue] Blade 100 - X86 CPU option?

Andrew Liles blah at spilk.org
Fri Feb 2 23:57:05 CST 2018

> On Feb 2, 2018, at 9:47 PM, Brian Archer <archer174 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> I recently acquired a blade 100 (500mhz) desktop. I want to upgrade the CPU
> to a Sparc 650mhz IIi CPU. When looking at the motherboard I see a jumper
> to enable an x86 mode? I notice the CPU socket is the same as a socket 370.
> Is it really possible to put a P3 or other contemporary CPU on this logic
> board?

I noticed that on mine as well. There is a lot of PC-type hardware on the
board so I think it was at least the intention to dual-purpose them, but not
sure if all the supporting hardware/BIOS/etc. is actually present. I have seen
some reference to people saying you can drop an Intel chip in there but I
haven't seen any credible proof of anyone actually trying it.

Here's a thread on nekochan where it's mentioned:

http://forums.nekochan.net/viewtopic.php?t=16728653

> In addition I have a SunPCI x86 card. Does anyone have a link to the
> software? I can't find it anywhere.

On that note... I'm also looking for the SunPC (SBus) card software... it's
unobtanium as far as I've found.