[rescue] emacs for HP-UX 10.20

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Dec 26 12:08:26 CST 2018

On Wed, 26 Dec 2018, Dave McGuire wrote:

>  I'm continuing some work to bring up an HP-UX 10.20 system.  Before I
> start compiling, does anyone know of emacs binaries available for this
> platform?  Apparently a set used to be around, but it has
> evaporated...has anyone here archived it?

I have a nearly-current (as of 2015) set of GNU stuff for HP-UX 10.20 that
I put together for $employer[-1].  By default it installs into a strange
place (long story), but it's a path specifically chosen to be the same
length as '/usr/local' so that the binaries can be patched to live there.

I *think* I built Emacs, but I certainly got gcc, gmake, python 2.7,
recent Perl, and vim (which should be more than enough to bootstrap
emacs).  If that'll help, I'll dig it out, on the condition that I'm
allowed to forget that it exists. :)

You'll still need the HP linker and assembler, as binutils never
fully-supported the platform and required hand-hacking to build whatever
version I finally got to cooperate.  I *probably* still have all the
HP-supplied bits, too.

--
Jonathan Patschke
Austin, TX