[rescue] SUN Ultra 24 4-pin power switch

Matt Smith matt at mattsmithcodesmith.com
Wed Dec 19 10:17:25 CST 2018

I thought I would ask here to see if anyone has done anything similar.

I'm reusing my old (to me) Sun Ultra 24 case with modern components. I know
it's not the coolest thing SUN ever made, but it's nostalgic to me. This has
been more or less easy so far since the 24 was all boring ATX components in
the first place.

The only thing that I can't figure out is the power switch. Sun used a front
panel I/O board that has a 4 pin power switch. I've only ever seen 2 pin
power switches. From looking at the PCB, pins 1 & 2 are power and 3 & 4 are
ground. The old motherboard is a ATX standard Intel chipset, so I don't
think Sun would have done anything too crazy with the front panel headers
there.

Here are some pictures:
https://imgur.com/a/xcCjSoI

Thanks for reading!