[rescue] Cray listing on E-bay

Ethan O'Toole ethan at 757tech.net
Mon Dec 10 10:12:59 CST 2018

> Yes, the IOS SCSI controller ("DC-6S") is an HVD device.
>
> I managed to use an Adaptec 2944UW (HVD) to pull data off my J98 disks (I
> have not gotten to powering the Cray up yet). For what it's worth, mine used
> Seagate ST410800W disks (5.25" FH 10GB). I can't imagine what they must've
> cost brand new in 1997.
> - JP

Derp! Yea, I can't remember if the 50 pin SCSI to 80 pin SCA adapters I
tried on mine were HVD or not :-/ I think I have two HVD to
non-diff scsi boards as well (been meaning to hook one to a 9 track
drive.)

Then maybe Unicos / IOSV stuff will talk to 3rd party drives?

I do have 6 of the Seagate full height Cray drives. AT some point I will
extract firmware from one of them for the community.

Mine was kernel panicing when the Unicos OS started to load. But for all I
know the Unicos versions I have is incompatible with my hardware.

 			- Ethan

--
: FLICKR   http://www.flickr.com/photos/ethanotoole :