[rescue] divesting of many old systems

William Barnett-Lewis wlewisiii at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 20:55:09 CDT 2018

I have always desired a Sun 3 (a 3x 3/80 especially) but it's not
going to happen now - Northern Wisconsin and having just started a new
full time gig says I'm not going to get away for that kind of pickup,
alas. Just make sure it gets a good home, please.

On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 8:48 PM, PhreakShow Telephone Company
<phreakshowtelco at gmail.com> wrote:
> Im about 2.5 hours north of ya.  Im willing to make the drive to make
> sure they get saved.  And can take some out to VCFMW in chicago next
> month to get to some people I know that would appreciate it.   More
> sun is always good :) then again more vintage computers is always good
> :)
> On Thu, Aug 30, 2018 at 9:45 PM Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.list47 at oryx.us> wrote:
>>
>> Hello Nate,
>>
>> Yes, absolutely, please generate some type of detailed list.
>>
>> Wish you were closer to the south coast, where I could take advantage of your offer, but unfortunately, it is not to be.
>>
>> Either way, thanks for trying to find good homes for your items and not just sending them to the scrap pile, where they might be
>> lost forever.
>>
>> Jerry
>>

>> On 30/08/18 18:21, Nate Mitchell wrote:
>> > Rescuers,
>> >
>> > I'm in the metro Detroit area and I have a lot of old systems I'm letting
>> > go.  I have everything from a Sunfire to some Ultrasparcs, to many sparcs,
>> > Sun3s with monitors and disk drives, etc.  I have a lot of other assorted
>> > things.  Most of the items are probably working, but some of them probably
>> > aren't.
>> >
>> > Is there any folks who would pick these up in Detroit or Flint, MI?  What
>> > would I have to post here?  Just a hardware list?  Or would more detail &
>> > content be required?  I'm thankful for any advice and I hope I can make
>> > some folks happy with at least some of this stuff!  If some of the items
>> > are worth shipping, that might help as well.
>> > --
>> > nate

Live like you will never die, love like you've never been hurt, dance
like no-one is watching.
                Alex White