[rescue] VCF Midwest, anyone?

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Wed Aug 29 17:46:47 CDT 2018

On 08/29/2018 06:27 PM, Patrick Giagnocavo wrote:
> While on the topic of early stuff... has anyone ever come across an MCM/70 or an IBM 5100?  Or anything else that ran APL?

    Way back in the early '80s, there was an APL environment that ran
on the PDP-10s I was working on.  Nobody had a Selectric terminal,
nevermind and APL "ball", but the general syntax could be approximated
in ASCII characters and that's what the -10s did.  One of the bennies
I had with that gig was unlimited computer time on whacking big time-
sharing systems; everybody else paid by the kilo-core tick.

    It's a very cool language, and really years ahead of its time in
what it could do with very compact programs.

    Cheers!