[rescue] Sun Enterprise 3500 Wont Boot Solaris

Carl R. Friend crfriend at rcn.com
Tue Sep 19 19:50:46 CDT 2017

On 09/19/2017 08:34 PM, Toby Thain wrote:
> On 2017-09-19 8:13 PM, Carl R. Friend wrote:
>>  B B  There's also the annoyance of a flat "N"VRAM battery (I want to
>> find the guy who came up with that and hurt him), but that's just
>> that -- an annoyance.
>>

> It was a little more than an annoyance on my E450 -- it ceased to boot
> when the NVRAM died. At least I hope that's all it is.

    There would likely have been a way to put the stuff into it that
needed replacing before trying to boot the thing.  That's what I have
to do with my operational Indys until I get around to doing the hack
involving cutting into the top of the "N"VRAM chip and soldering in
an external battery holder...

    Was there no way to access the memory space and write to it?