[rescue] Sun Enterprise 3500 Wont Boot Solaris

Jonathan Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Sep 19 18:02:54 CDT 2017

On Tue, 19 Sep 2017, PhreakShow Telephone Company wrote:

> Solaris 10 gives me an error that says short disk read the file just
> loaded does not appear to be executable.
>
> Solaris 9 does the same thing
>
> Any ideas?

Are you back-rev on firmware?  I vaguely remember getting this sort of
error along the way of upgrading my E3000 from 2.6 to 9.

Patch 103346-29 will get you OpenBoot 3.2 v29 and POST 3.9.29.  I'm sure I
have that patch _somewhere_, but it's not in the places I normally keep
things like that.

--
Jonathan Patschke
Austin, TX