[rescue] Oracle kills Solaris

Meelis Roos mroos at linux.ee
Mon Sep 11 02:00:50 CDT 2017

> > And Linux, of course - I am running Linux on most of my sun4v's.
>
> Which distro?  Most everything I researched at that
> time looked more and more x86-orientrd.

Most of my machines are still at old debian with 32-bit userspace that
is updated no longer. Some of my newer machines are debian sparc64 port
- 64-bit userland following debian unstable. This had some installation
glitches but after that has worked fine, and this is in active
development.

It looks Gentoo port is alive too but I have not had a need to try it on
sparc.

--
Meelis Roos (mroos at linux.ee)