[rescue] Solaris 11 SMF oddity

Phil Stracchino phils at caerllewys.net
Sat Sep 9 17:36:06 CDT 2017

I have a minor puzzle.  My X4540 rebooted itself yesterday.

The first problem with this is that I haven't been able to figure out
why, and it didn't log anything.  But it appears to have just possibly
been something done (without asking for permission) by
usr/lib/update-manager/update-refresh.sh.

The second problem is that after it came back up, Bacula wasn't running,
and with no evidence of anything wrong with it, wouldn't restart ...
until I re-imported its manifest into SMF.

It seems like SMF had the Bacula services in its running instance, but
hadn't actually committed it.  So now I'm looking for a subcommand to
tell svccfg to save or commit the imported service definitions ... and I
can't find one.

Does anyone else who runs Solaris 11 know if I'm missing something here?

--
  Phil Stracchino
  Babylon Communications
  phils at caerllewys.net