[rescue] Dumping SunOS tapes

Richard ejb at trick-1.net
Fri Sep 8 09:15:10 CDT 2017

Ok so I think the biggest issue is going to be the internal belts.

I have tried 5 tapes tonight (only 1 vendor tape - FrameMaker) and 3 of them
had the tension belt give in.

Not going to run anymore tapes until I find a solution/replacement belt.

FYI I have images of the FrameMaker3.0 tape (sun3/4/i386) and have installed
it on my SS2....working fine

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of image1.JPG; x-apple-part-url=A45BA0E7-E61A-49CF-AC87-78763BA83E7D]
Sent from my iPhone

> On 8 Sep 2017, at 23:09, Richard <ejb at trick-1.net> wrote:
>
> Yes more than 2. 6-8+ from memory...
>
> dd is an option and yes /dev/nrst0 will get a workout. That would however
create a lot of files to reconstruct the tape from.